Designed by Connecticut sculptor, Karl Gerhardt, this monument was dedicated
in October, 1891. The female figure at the top represents the City of Utica, and
she points South, towards the Civil War battlefields. At the lower level are two
female figures that represent Peace and Victory, and two male figures representing
the Army and the Navy.
Postcard below courtesy of Dorothy E. Prentice, Daughters of Union Veterans of the Civil War
Maintained by Sue Greenhagen.