Seneca County G.A.R. Posts
- # 40 - Ovid - Post disbanded 1877.
Private Charles T. Little, Co. E, 148th NYSV. Joined at Ovid Dec. 1863, age
29; KIA June 18, 1864 near Petersburg, VA.
- # 72 - Waterloo - Chartered June 25, 1870.
Sgt. Tyler J. Snyder, Co. G, 126th NYSV. Born in Gorham; "Waterloo teacher;"
joined Aug. 1862 as Private, age 18; promoted to Sgt. March 1863; MWIA at
Gettysburg July 3, 1863; died the same day at 3d Division, II Corps hospital;
buried in Gettysburg National Cemetery.
- # 78 - Seneca Falls - Chartered Aug. 26, 1868.
- Private James G. Cross, Co. A, 148th NYSV. Joined at
Seneca Falls Aug. 1862, age 21; transferred from 126th NYSV; captured June 15,
1864 near Petersburg, VA; died while a POW in Florence, SC.
- Private Lemuel B. Cross, Co. A, 148th NYSV. Joined at Seneca Falls Aug.
1862, age 23; transferred from 126th NYSV; wounded June 3, 1864 at Cold Harbor,
VA; mustered out June 1865.
- # 325 - Ovid - Chartered Dec. 30, 1882.
Sgt. Charles T. Harris, Co. C, 126th NYSV. Joined at Ovid Aug. 1862 as
Corporal, age 22; surrendered and paroled Sept. 1862 at Harper's Ferry;
promoted to Sgt. Jan. 18, 1863; KIA July 2, 1863 at Gettysburg; buried at
Gettysburg National Cemetery.
- # 438 - Interlaken (name was Farmer Village or Farmerville during the
war) - Chartered Dec. 29, 1883, disbanded 1930 (last member was John R.
1st Lt. William E. Avery, Co. F, 75th NYSV.
Joined Sept 1861 at Farmerville as 1st Lt., age 23; "killed in charge on Port
Hudson May 27, 1863 age 24 yrs, 9 mos., 28 days;" buried in family plot at Lake
View Cemetery, Interlaken, NY.
- # 445 - Lodi - Chartered Jan. 24, 1884.
Corporal Andrew Chestnut, Co. C, 126th NYSV. Joined at Lodi Aug. 1862, age 24;
surrendered and paroled Sept. 1862 at Harper's Ferry; KIA Feb. 6, 1864 at
Morton's Ford, VA.
Maintained by Sue Greenhagen.